Monday, 13 September 2010

My new best friend

Stone's Green Ginger Wine - first produced in England way back in 1740, enjoyed by those with aftershock jitters in New Zealand 2010.


(I've been drinking mine with ginger ale, but I think it would be nice with soda and lime too).

For the maths geeks, I have been referring to a variety of earthquake related graphs in the past 10 days, and I think the one I have found most useful and representative is this one:


Maybe a little small to see well, but it's a plot of magnitude vs time, with blue circles representing aftershocks greater than 5.0 on the Richter scale. I reckon this is particularly reassuring, as you can see the magnitude and frequency decreasing. Anyway, that's just me.

Next post: not the earthquake - I've had enough of it, and I'm sure you have too.

No comments: